Tyne and Wear HER(8207): East Boldon, Station Terrace - Details
East Boldon, Station Terrace
A parade of nine Edwardian shops. Some have original shopfronts. No. 1 has an interesting later bank frontage. Some of the first floor bay windows are original, others have been altered or replaced. The attractive forecourt has trees but is cluttered with street furniture including four large concrete flower tubs.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon