Tyne and Wear HER(8226): Newcastle, Westmorland Road, Temperance Hotel - Details
Newcastle, Westmorland Road, Temperance Hotel
A temperance hotel and piano warehouse was constructed on the corner of Westmorland Road and Blandford Street in 1902. The four storey building was designed by Liddle and Browne for a Mr G.H. Sherborne. The building was altered to become a clothing manufactury in 1945. It later became a men's hostel.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2005, Vico, St James Boulevard, Newcastle - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment; deposited building plans, Tyne and Wear Archives, T186/20503