Tyne and Wear HER(8390): New Silksworth, Seaham Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel - Details
New Silksworth, Seaham Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Primitive Methodist chapel, built in 1878 for 800 worshippers at a cost of £800. Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition of 1898. Last shown on 1960s plans.
Ordnance Survey second edition, 1898; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; Norman Emery, 1990, Corrugated Iron Public Buildings in County Durham, Durham Archaeological Journal, Vol 6, 1990, page 70; Whellan, F, 1894, History, Topography and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham, p 847