Tyne and Wear HER(8414): Blaydon Burn, Burn Bank Road - Details
Blaydon Burn, Burn Bank Road
Road Transport Site
Described in the Tithe Award of 1838 as a public carriage road of highway extending from the junction with the road to Barlow and running "over commons, moors and tracts of waste lands called the Burn banks to the bridge crossing Blaydon Burn at or near Forster's Firebrick Manufactory". The bridge across the Burn was built c.1834, with contributions from the adjoining townships (NRO ZCO IX/4).
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures