Tyne and Wear HER(8434): Blaydon Burn, Clotty Lane - Details
Blaydon Burn, Clotty Lane
Road Transport Site
Shown on a plan of 1798 (DRO NCB 1/SC/998) but first named on the 1st edition OS of 1858, this led from Black Lane on the east to Haggerstone's Mill and then to Mill Lane to Bewes Hill Lane. The lane formed the southern boundary of Nippers Wood Farm. Only the western end of the lane and the converging footpaths survive, the rest of the lane running eastwards to join Black Lane has been subsumed under hosuing.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures