Tyne and Wear HER(8435): Blaydon Burn, tail race - Details
Blaydon Burn, tail race
Shown on an undated plan (c.1830), carrying water away from the mill wheel, this ran for c.180m from Fenwick's/Haggerstone's Mill to rejoin the Burn at the mill dam serving Path Head Mill (HER 3423). By 1858 the tailrace had been shortened, joining the Burn some 120m north of the mill, and by 1896 it had disappeared. There are no visible remains.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures