Tyne and Wear HER(8437): Blaydon Burn, electric power supply substation - Details
Blaydon Burn, electric power supply substation
Electricity Production Site
Electricity Sub Station
A substation was built in 1904 to run on the waste heat and surplus gas from the Ottovale Coke Ovens. In 1914 it was operated by the Newcastle upon Tyne Electric Supply Company, and in 1951 by the British Electricity Authority. One single storey brick building survives.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures