Tyne and Wear HER(8439): Blaydon Burn, Nipper's Well - Details
Blaydon Burn, Nipper's Well
Water Supply and Drainage
Water Storage Site
The name seems to derive from Nippers Wood Farm (Winlaton tithe) owned by Peregrine Edward Townley and occupied by William Burn. Although called a farm, no farm buildings appear to have been associated. A William Nipper paid rent on part of a house in Winlaton in 1801. There are no visible remains.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures