Tyne and Wear HER(8455): Blaydon Burn, culvert mouth - Details
Blaydon Burn, culvert mouth
Water Supply and Drainage
Water Regulation Installation
Part of the early culverting of the Burn after 1838 and in existence by 1858, though rebuilt subsequently. The visible remains comprise a brick arch of white Lily firebricks. Another section of white firebrick wall and sandstone rubble walling on the west bank of the burn appear to represent the remains of an engine shed shown on the 2nd-4th editions OS 1896-1940.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures