Tyne and Wear HER(8462): Blaydon Burn, stone revetted channel of the Burn - Details
Blaydon Burn, stone revetted channel of the Burn
Water Supply and Drainage
Water Regulation Installation
A formalised channel to the Burn is first clearly identifiable on the 1st edition OS of 1858, but some form of revetting is likely to been in place earlier. The visible remains comprise two high sandstone rubble retaining walls which line the course of the Burn with some remains of a parapet incorporating Cowen firebrick.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures