Tyne and Wear HER(8467): Blaydon Burn, quay - Details
Blaydon Burn, quay
The eastern side of the Burn was revetted, and is marked as ‘Quay’ on the 1828 Enclosure plan, the lower part of the Burn being navigable to small craft until construction of the railway in 1834. The Burn at this point is culverted and heavily overgrown, and surviving traces of the quay wall are concealed with the possible exception of a short section of sandstone rubble and firebrick walling close to the railway bridge.
Northern Archaeological Associates & Northern Counties Archaeological Services, 2005, Blaydon Burn, Gateshead - Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Building Survey of Industrial Structures