Tyne and Wear HER(8507): East Boldon, Front Street, Vanborough House & Camp Villa - Details
East Boldon, Front Street, Vanborough House & Camp Villa
Imposing late Victorian double-fronted villa, now divided into two. Simple classical symmetry elegantly enhanced by formal green gardens . Original front door with fanlight and original windows. Extensions are subordinate. There are old limestone brick walls to the side and rear and tall brick walls to the front.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon