Tyne and Wear HER(8569): East Boldon, Front Street, church and No. 24 - Details
East Boldon, Front Street, church and No. 24
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
Church built in 1906. Has a tall strong gable end to the street. Bright red brick with a Welsh slate roof, arched windows and sandstone detailing. Now in use as auction rooms along with No. 24 which still has a domestic appearance with a front garden and brick boundary wall. There is a large recent extension to the rear.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon