Tyne and Wear HER(8572): East Boldon, Front Street, Nos. 35 to 43, South Farm - Details
East Boldon, Front Street, Nos. 35 to 43, South Farm
Simple limestone farmhouse and cottages enhanced by green banked gardens and porches. The rear of the house has four large Velux-style rooflights which detract from its character. The low limestone building to the east has been converted to garages for The Orchard on South Lane. The concrete tiles let this conversion down. The plot of No. 43 still stretches back to South Lane.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon