Tyne and Wear HER(8590): Usworth Colliery, brickfield - Details
Usworth Colliery, brickfield
Brick and Tilemaking Site
Brickfield 1861 Manufacturer in 1926-1966 was Usworth Bricks Ltd A new brickyard was established in 1926 at Usworth Colliery, when two Belgian continuous kilns were built and connected to a 130-feet high chimney. The brickworks closed in 1966, but from 1967-71 foam-slag cement blocks were made here.
Davison, P J, 1986. Brickworks of the North East, 158, 159 site 20, 160