Tyne and Wear HER(8598): East Boldon, Front Street, Toad Hall - Details
East Boldon, Front Street, Toad Hall
Raised up behind the boundary wall of South Farm (HER 8572) this is a small 20th century old men's recreation rooms. Brick with a large swept slate roof. Converted into a furniture sales room.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon