Tyne and Wear HER(8602): East Boldon, Victoria Terrace, Nos. 1 to 18 - Details
East Boldon, Victoria Terrace, Nos. 1 to 18
A two-storey red brick terrace. Built in phases flanking Town End Farm (HER 8606). Nos. 7 to 10 were built by 1898. Nos 1 to 6 and Nos. 16 to 18 are slightly later. The later houses have bay windows. There used to be a uniform boundary wall with railings, now replaced by an adhoc mixture of boundaries. The houses have generous offshots to the rear. Only three properties have added rooflights. Porches survive, painted white. Nearly all the sash windows have been replaced. Attractive open setting to the south.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon